History of the JEM Movie Theatre Building

1879 Bruflodt Building - 3rd original business building – built for meat market
1882 J.L. Urheim Drugs
1907 Oliver Halverson – Tinner
1914 Harness Shop – A. Harstad & Son
1915 Harness Shop – Carl Rygg
1916 Barber Shop – Ed Roche
1935 Barber Shop – Eng Sandvik
1940 After a fire on 4/25/40, Rostvold and Sandvik exchanged buildings
1940 Jem Theatre – Milford Rostvold
1943 Rostvold sold the theatre to A.J. Treamann
1943-1947 Bowling Alley
1947-1961 Building Vacant
1961-1986 Jem Theatre Reopened – Bob & Hazel Johnson
1986-1987 Jem Theatre – Franz and Diana Sattler
1986-1988 Jem Theatre – Dale Wright
1987-1992 Jem Theatre – Murrell and Joyce Jacobson
1992-1995 Jem Theatre – Dale and Linda Twite
1995-1999 Jem Theatre – Sheri Ryden and Mark Fishbaugher
1999-2002 Jem Theatre – Roxanne and Bill Johnson
2002- Jem Theatre – Michelle and Paul Haugerud

Home Showing History Rentals Passes Advertisers Digital Projector The Area Location Contact